Sunday, March 25, 2012

'Slow Cooker Bolognese'

Recipe from: 'Six Sisters Stuff ' blog

What You Need:

1 lb. Italian sausge
3 Tbl. minced onion flakes
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 cup water
2 Tbl. sugar
1 Tbl. dried oregano
1 Tbl. dried basil
1 tsp. fennel seed
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
 
Instructions:
 
Cook Italian sausage in large skillet until browned. Transfer to 5 quart slow cooker. Stir in all remaining ingredients, mix well. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Serve with your favorite pasta.
 
My Notes: I personally don't eat red sauce/spaghetti at all! Makes my stomach sick....Well it was my hubbys birthday so I thought It would be sweet to make one of his favorite dishes: Spaghetti! I actually ate this which was my first time eating spaghetti in years!!! Well,....It was amazing! Everyone loved it! But I think MY favorite part was it cooking in the slow cooker for 8 hours!
 
Enjoy!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment